Thursday, November 3, 2011

Roberta Wilson, 1911-2011




















These paintings were done by my husband's great aunt, Roberta Wilson. They were discovered and gathered upon her death this summer, just a few weeks short of her 100th birthday. We have no idea what the settings and people in these paintings are, but it's possible they are connected with the volumes of semi-fictional writing that was also left behind. She left the paintings unsigned and untitled, except for "Greta's Wedding Day", and we don't know who she may have shared the work with. Roberta was born in New Mexico and lived in the San Diego area for 80+ years, and was a creative and crafty person throughout her life. The paintings came our way, as she had no children and very few living relatives. I decided to post these images because I think they are fascinating. Please click to see in greater detail and enjoy!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

. I have a painting with Roberta Wilson's signature on the back of it I can't figure out who she is or what until now I don't know if it's the same person